You may want to first read my Project 365 evolution post which explains what Project 365 is and my history with it.
I was doing very well with keeping up with my P365 layouts until about July when I launched Simply Kelly Designs and things got busy. I still continued to take a picture (usually several) a day but didn’t do my weekly layouts.
About a week ago, I decided I needed to make a decision about whether to continue with P365 of throw in the towel. I went through my photos from July until the present and chose my picture of the day (POTD) and realized that those photos really do tell a lot of our everyday stories that don’t get capture in my normal scrapbook layouts.
In the last week, I have completed 12 weeks worth of P365 layouts! It was so much fun to go back and relive those memories.
|July 16 – Oct 7, 2010 (12 weeks) of my Project 365
Project 365 templates by Simply Kelly Designs
Carnival Collaboration Kit by Sweet Shoppe Designs
The 12 layouts actually did not take me very long because I used a template for all the layouts.
If you are thinking about doing P365 for 2011, here are my lessons learned:
- Keep it simple. The easier you make everything the better chance you have of sticking to it and keeping up. Templates are wonderful for this!
- Keep taking your POTDs even if you fall behind in doing your layouts. You can always go back to do your layouts but the pictures will be harder to duplicate.
- Don’t stress if you miss a photo here or there. When this has happened to me, I will usually do a photo of a “favorite” or something that doesn’t change (like a house decoration, etc).
- Take photos of the good and the bad to really show what your life is like.
- Hand the camera off to someone else sometimes! You should definitely have photos of yourself included in your P365.
- If you have a hard time picking just one photo a day, pick the one that you are less likely to scrapbook.
- Your POTD doesn’t have to be a photo you took. I have used screen shots of e-mails or photos from online sources. Use whatever tells the story for you!
I plan on doing Project 365 again in 2011! How about you?
Happy scrapping until next time!