Kristy of Some Odd Girl and I were enrolled in an online class together. Before class started, another student started a thread where we shared links to our online presence. I followed everyone’s Twitter accounts (does this sound familiar?). On the first day of class there were a few of us tweeting while we waited for the first lesson to post! Kristy was one of those students and the rest is history! I love Kristy’s sense of humor and her drawing talent.
I have the pleasure of introducing you to Kristy of Some Odd Girl.
Hi! I’m Kristy. Owner/Artist/Designer for Some Odd Girl Stamps and Designs. I’m an artsy girl who is creeping up on 30 *gulp* and has decided that working full time outside my home and away from my lovie kiddos, Dude 4 and Chicka 6, was not the way I wanted my life to be! I worked 11 years in retail grocery before calling it quits on Nov 1, 2010 to work on my own creative biz full time. I’ve been drawing, painting and doing other crafty things since I was a little and now am living the dream of doing it for a job! I grew up in the (mythical to some people) Kalamazoo, MI and now live over on the lakeshore in Fennville. I draw and design both Clear and Digital Stamps for crafting. You can read our biz story here.
How did you choose the name Some Odd Girl? What do you create?
The name… if you’ve ever met me it kind of explains itself LOL. I remember driving in the car to a coffee shop babbling different names to myself and this one just blurted and stuck. When I brought the name up to my hubs he said “it’s very you,” I took that as a good thing LOL! I wanted something that didn’t keep me in one arena so Some Odd Girl was born! My main focus is clear and digital stamps but I also dabble in handmade and art prints.
Inspiration for our stamps begins usually in its most basic form with the time of year. That sounds weird but if I know I want designs for things that are coming up (holidays, seasons, etc) its really easy then to narrow it down and think about all the things that go along with that. After that comes my trusty click pencil, eraser and paper. I sketch, draw and discard until I have designs that I love and make me smile! Next I ink them and scan them into the computer where I can clean them up then save them in the formats I need. You might think I have alot of designs on the site but I have at least double that at home that are waiting for a release or just extras I haven’t found a home for.
What is the best thing you’ve ever created and why did you choose it?
Can I just say this is the hardest question ever? Its like choosing between my kids! For my business, the creation I’m the proudest of right now is our new line of clear stamps since it represents such a big step for us. Seeing the product with our name and logo emblazoned on it is just so exhilarating! For me as an artist, the drawing that makes me feel the most satisfied is Flower In Hair. It simply makes me proud of my abilities to look at it and know its mine.
Where can you be found online?
Stamp Store: http://www.someoddgirl.com
Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SomeOddGirl
Blog: The Odd Girl http://www.theoddgirl.com
Kristy is generously giving away any 3 of her digital stamps from her stamp store to one lucky blog reader!
How To Enter
To enter, leave a SEPARATE comment for each one of the following that you do. Each comment will count as one entry.
1. Go to the Some Odd Girls Stamp Store and post a link to your favorite product in a comment to this post.
2. Go to the Simply Kelly Designs Store and post a link to your favorite product in a comment to this post.
3. ‘Like’ Some Odd Girls on Facebook and leave your first name and last initial in a comment to this post.
4. ‘Like’ Simply Kelly Designs on Facebook and leave your first name and last initial in a comment to this post.
5. Follow Some Odd Girls on Twitter and specify your twitter handle in a comment to this post.
6. Follow Simply Kelly Designs on Twitter and specify your twitter handle in a comment to this post.
7. Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment in this post. Feel free to use this sample tweet.
- Enter to win 3 digital stamps from @SomeOddGirls http://bit.ly/m0CBmU via @SimplyKellyD
8. Follow The Odd Girl blog and leave a comment in this post.
9. Follow the Simply Kelly Designs blog and leave a comment in this post.
You have until 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 to enter. Winner will be posted on July 15, 2011.
Don’t forget to enter to yesterday’s giveaway from june at noon!
Tomorrow I will introduce you to my friend Rachel of AspiringImages!