I made this adorable Elmo birthday card over the weekend. This standup card is super easy to make using the Cricut and the Sesame Street Font Cartridge.
- Cricut machine (I used the Cricut Expression)
- Cricut Sesame Street Font cartridge
- Cricut mat
- Cardstock (black, yellow, red, white, orange)
- Paper trimmer
- Wiggle Eyes (optional)
- Rhinestones (optional)
For the basic card I used the Square shape on the font cartridge.
I made the following cuts of the Square shape (pictured above) at 5 and 1/2 inches in size:
- card background – paper: black cardstock, feature: shadow
- Elmo’s body and hand – paper: red cardstock, feature: layers
- Elmo’s eyes – paper: white cardstock, feature: shift + layers
- Elmo’s nose – paper: orange cardstock, feature: shift + layers
- Yellow square mat – paper: yellow cardstock, feature: shift
When I adhered those pieces together it looked like this.
I wanted to add some 3D elements to Elmo so I put wiggle eyes on him. The eyes gave him some added life too!
I wanted the card to stand up so I measured the square card to be about 5 and 1/8 inches in height and width. I cut a rectangular piece of cardstock with my paper trimmer to the dimensions of 5 and 1/8 inches by 10 and 1/4 inches. Then I folded the rectangle piece in half and adhered one side to the back of the card.
Next I use the Sesame Street Font cartridge to cut the number 3 and its shadow in a 3 inch size and adhered it to the yellow mat on the front of the card. This card was for a little girl so I added 3 rhinestones for some bling!
I cut a piece of yellow cardstock 4 inches square and adhered it to the inside of the card. I wrote the sentiment and my kids signed the card for their little friend.
Happy third birthday Evalyn!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.