At first I tried to resist Instagram but in the end I became addicted just like everyone else. You can find me on Instagram here. As a scrapbooker, I love to see and share pictures with others. Recently I have been thinking about a way to display my Instagram photos with the ability to swap out the photos easily. The idea came to me to create an Instagram wreath! This is a quick craft. I created this while watching Frozen with my my kids and was done before Love Is An Open Door. 🙂
- 12 inch foam wreath with a flat back (from Michaels)
- 6 yards of 1 and 1/2 inch wide ribbon (from Hobby Lobby)
- coordinating ribbon to hang the wreath (not pictured)
- sequin pins
- transparent tape (not pictured)
- 3 yards of beaded floral wire (from Joann)
- six 3×3 inch Instagram or square photos
1. My great room is decorated in gold and burgundy so I chose a burgundy ribbon. Choose the ribbon to match your decor. Tightly wrap the ribbon around the wreath. I used sequin pins to secure the ribbon where I started and every few wraps around the wreath.
2. Tightly wrap the beaded floral wire around the wreath on top of the ribbon. Alternatives to the floral wire would be similar fibers or yarn. If you don’t have the floral wire I used transparent tape to adhere the start of the wire on the back of the wreath and then tied it off when I was done. I love how the wreath looks with the floral wire around it. You could stop right here and have a beautiful home decor item ready for your wall.
3. Turn the wreath over and take the hanging ribbon and adhere it to the wreath ribbon with transparent tape in two places so the ribbon will hang. I originally did this with just sequin pins but they came out after someone who is 5 and shall remain nameless was swinging the wreath around. This photo of the original way will show you how I placed the ribbon though. Remember that the backside doesn’t have to be pretty! 🙂
4. Add photos to the wreath by tucking them in between the floral wire and the ribbon on the wreath.
I used pictures of me and my kids on the wreath because Mother’s Day is coming up! After Mother’s Day, I will swap out the photos with pictures of my husband and my kids for Father’s Day! I plan to change the photos during the year to follow our holidays and birthdays. This would make a great Mother’s Day, birthday, anniversary or wedding gift.
I hope I have inspired you to make this easy craft! You can do it while you watch your favorite movie or your children’s favorite movie like I did!