If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I LOVE the Project Life mini albums. I have a stash of them (which currently numbers 6) in various colors in my craft room at the ready for any crafty photo projects. The crafty photo project du jour is a teacher appreciation album for Kara’s first grade teacher. I am the class photographer so I literally have hundreds of pictures of the students in Kara’s class.
- Project Life mini album (affiliate link)
- Project Life 6×4 lined cards
- Project Life School themed cards
- Project Life corner rounder
1. Find a way to get each student in the class to write a thank you message to the teacher on a 6×4 lined card. I volunteer in the school media center when my daughter’s class is there. Our media specialist gave me time during her class to have the kids write on their cards. I have to admit it was a little stressful with just me and 19 kids trying to help them with spelling and ideas for what to write.
2. Decide how you want to organize your photos in the album. I chose to have each student have a two page layout. Each two page layout included: one 6×4 line card, one 3×4 school themed card, three 6×4 photos and three 3×4 photos. The school theme card location varied but it was always in one of the 3×4 pockets. I also included one 6×4 photo class photo for the front page.
3. Choose the photos and get them printed.
4. This is where I turned the project over to Kara. Round the corners of all the photos. Kara used the Project Life corner rounder so the corners would match the corners on the Project Life school themed cards.
5. Sort the photos and lined card by student.
6. Insert the photos and a school themed card into the book for each student. This is Kara’s two page layout.
7. Insert photos and school themed cards for the front and last page of the album. The front page is below but I forgot to take a photo of the last page.
8. Insert a 3×4 school themed card into the pocket on the cover. I did not see a 3×4 card that I wanted to use for the cover so I cut down one of the 6×4 cards.
The album is now complete and ready to be gift wrapped for the teacher! I can’t tell you how proud Kara was that she rounded the photo corners and inserted the photos/cards into the album. Kara gave the album to her teacher yesterday and her teacher loved it. Kara told me that the album was very popular and everyone wanted to see it when I picked her up from school.
Here are a few other projects where I used the Project Life mini albums.
Disclaimer: There is an affiliate link in this post but I only recommend products that I hoard… I mean love!