I am not ashamed to admit that I love boy bands! The roots of my love go back to when I was pre-teen. I was obsessed with New Kids On the Block (NKOTB). I owned shirts, posters, buttons, their tapes and their singles on tape. My sister and I would sit in our room and croon I’ll Be Loving You at the top of our lungs. I think what fueled my obsession with NKOTB was that my mom wouldn’t let me go to their concert.
Three years ago, NKOTB went on tour with the Backstreet Boys (BSB) *squeal* and I flew out to Los Angeles to go with my sister. The concert began with all NKOTB and BSB band members on stage in silhouette. Being the true boy band fan that I am, I was able to pick out who each one was even before the lights same on. After 22 years of waiting, the concert was AMAZING. My favorite moments were when Jordan sang, I’ll Be Loving You Forever and when Kevin Richardson (who at that time was not an active BSB member) surprised everyone by coming on stage while BSB performed I Want It That Way. I was happy to share these awesome memories with my sister.
Last year, NKOTB hit the road again with Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees for the Package Tour. It was amazing to see them again and I saw that tour twice – once in Orlando with a friend and again in Los Angeles with my sister. Boyz II Men was great live. They still have the moves and really had the crowd going with Motown Philly. Boyz II Men also gave red roses to people in the crowd while they sang I’ll Make Love To You. 98 Degrees sang I Do which is my favorite song of theirs. My favorite moment of the Orlando concert was when Boyz II Men and NKOTB performed Motown Philly together! I can’t wait until the next time NKOTB tours in the United States!
One of the ideas that I have had for a while is to create a New Kid On The Block onesie. I am happy to say that I can finally cross it off my list!
- white cotton baby onesie (affiliate link)
- 4.5 inch x 3 inch black heat transfer vinyl (affiliate link)
- Silhouette Portrait (affiliate link)
- Silhouette mat (affiliate link)
- ironing board
1. Download my free Silhouette Studio cut file. This cut file is only for your PERSONAL USE.
Update: By request, I’ve also included a png file so you can cut the design with any software. Download the png here. This file is only for your personal use.
2. When you cut HTV, you must flip the image horizontally.
The first time I cut this design, I forgot to do that so I had to cut it again. The image is already flipped for you in my cut file. Place the shiny side of the HTV on the Silhouette mat, load it into the machine and cut. The image should be cut through the vinyl but not the plastic.
3. Next I weeded the HTV by removing all the pieces of vinyl off the plastic that I did not want in the final image.
4. I placed the weeded HTV on the onesie and smoothed it down. The plastic part of the HTV will stick to the shirt.
5. Place a piece of thin fabric on the HTV and use the iron per the directions on the HTV you are using.
6. Wait for the plastic of the HTV to cool and peel it off.
I was listening to my New Kids On the Block Greatest Hits album the entire time I was writing this post. The songs bring back so many memories of midde/high school.
This onesie will make an appearance at the next baby shower I attend!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you order through the links I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Simply Kelly Designs.