I love receiving cards and letters in the mail. That occurrence is rare these days because we communicate so much via e-mail and social media. I have a friend that has helped me out tremendously so I decided to make her this card.
- 8.5×11 sheet white cardstock
- 4×6 inch piece of white carstock
- 2 coordinating rolls of washi tape (I used Scotch Expressions Washi Tape)
- Silhouette and mat
- My silhouette cut file
- liquid adhesive (I used Zig Squeeze and Roll 2 Way Glue)
1. Download my free Silhouette cut file for the 5×7 folding thank you card here. This file is only for your own personal use.
2. Put the large piece of cardstock on the Silhouette mat and cut the paper using the cut file and the Silhouette.
3. Remove the card from the mat but keep the inside of the letter “a” and the letter “o” to use on the card later. Discard the rest of the letters.
4. Now line the 4×6 inch card with washi tape lengthwise. I alternated between the two washi tape rolls. My trick to get the tape on straight is to unroll the entire length needed and then hold the tape on either end and line it up.
5. Once the entire card is covered, turn it over and cut off the excess tape on all 4 sides.
6. I added some liquid adhesive around the letters on the backside of the card so they wouldn’t lift from the tape.
7. Adhere the 4×6 piece of washi covered cardstock to the backside of the front cover of the card with strips of washi tape.
8. Adhere the inside of the “o” and the inside of the “a” on the front of the card in the proper places.
This card is now ready to become happy mail for my friend! Do you think she will like it?
Disclosure: I received the Scotch washi tape I used in this post my Haven Conference swag bag. I was not compensated for this post. There are affiliate links in this post. This means that if you buy something through the link I receive a small percentage of the sale as commission.