I am teaming up with my blogging budding Michelle of Weekend Craft for a 3 day holiday party. Michelle met through the Silhouette Challenge Facebook group and were online friends before we met in July at the Haven Conference. She oozes crafty talent and I love chatting with her about life and all things DIY daily!
On day 1 of the #holidaycraftparty, we are sharing ornaments.
We put up our two Christmas trees over the weekend but I know that not everyone has room for a large tree at home or at work. For anyone in that situation, I made an ornament in the shape of a Christmas tree that can be beautifully displayed on an ornament stand. This project was inspired by the green wired edge ribbon I found at Michaels. I thought it would make the cookie cutter look just like a Christmas tree!
- 4 yards of green Celebrate-It Wired Edge Ribbon
- Celebrate-It Christmas Tree cookie cutter
- glue gun and glue stick
- small red and clear rhinestones
- bamboo skewer (optional)
- Studio Decor ornament stand (optional)
1. The ribbon spool doesn’t fit through the cookie cutter so unravel it and wind it around two fingers. Then squeeze it together into a more compact ball.
2. Start winding the ribbon on an edge of the cookie cutter with hot glue. Anytime hot glue is use for this ornament, make sure to press the ribbon down into the hot glue or it won’t hold. You could use a bamboo skewer to do this so you don’t burn your fingers. The ribbon has thin wire in it so it is really easy to work with. Finish winding the ribbon around the cookie cutter, securing it with hot glue at regular intervals. I used hot glue on any pointy edges to make sure the ribbon doesn’t shift.
3. Use hot glue to adhere rhinestones to the ornament. As with the ribbon, make sure you press the rhinestones into the hot glue or it won’t hold. I added rhinestones all over on the edges and on the outside and inside.
4. Tie a ribbon to the top of the ornament for hanging.
You might also my other DIY ornaments:
Michelle of Weekend Craft and I are giving away a $25 gift card to Michaels because we want to fuel your crafting!
Enter by filling out the Rafflecopter below through Monday, November 24, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST. Open to U.S. residents only. Good luck!