Disclaimer: This is not an ad. I am not affiliated with Purium and am not qualified or trying to give medical advice. I just finished my cleanse (with version 4 documentation) last week and Purium has already changed the products involved in the cleanse. These tips still apply.
I did the Purium 10 day transformation cleanse because I wanted to break my addiction to bad foods. I am a stay at home mom and am alone for two out of my three meals of the day so it was all too easy to eat something unhealthy. This was my first time doing any type of cleanse or having a shake from powder so it was definitely eye opening. My sister was in shock when I told her I was doing the cleanse because she knows how much I love food. This cleanse doesn’t exclude all food, I was still able to eat certain organic fruits and vegetables.
My results? I lost 13 pounds and 11 inches in 10 days! AMAZING! My clothes fit so much better and I feel smaller. During the cleanse, I had so much more energy during the day and I wasn’t so moody. My husband and kids noticed it too. Even more important than the weight loss is I feel like I have conquered my food addictions. I no longer crave the processed foods and fast food that I did before. My goal now is to eat and cook healthy for myself and my family.
I love to read tips from others before I try anything new so I am sharing my personal experience with these 9 tips for the Purium 10 day transformation (in no particular order):
1. Allow time for shipping. I received an email saying that it could take up to 5 business days for my product to ship after I ordered. My order shipped in 2 business days and it was a few more days for ground shipping from California to Florida. That put a kink in my timetable but luckily it all worked out.
2. Read the pamphlets a few days before you want to start. I didn’t read the pamphlets that came with my 10 day transformation until the night before I was starting. I missed the tip about eating lighter for two days before starting. I also misread the note about subscribing to texts. You subscribe to the texts the day before you start the cleanse not the day you start the cleanse. I didn’t think it mattered for the texts but I just wanted to point that out. If you want to read the documentation and look at an FAQ, you can find it on the Purium site.
3. Day 1 is rough but see it through! When I went to bed on Day 1, I was wondering why my friend would recommend the cleanse for me when it was so awful! When I woke up on Day 2 everything was so much easier! The pills were much easier to take and I was also used to the shakes. I also wonder if Day 1 would have been better if I had eaten light the two days before as suggested in the pamphlets.
4. The power shake tastes best with cold water. I know it says to use cold water for the power shake but my friend advised me that the shake would mix better with room temperature water. So on day 1, I used room temperature water and it did not taste good. On day 2, I switched to cold water and the power shake tasted so much better. I even added an ice cube to the shake before I mixed it. I also found that the shake tasted better if I added the shake powder, shook the shake, waited a few minutes and shook the shake again.
5. Try your flex foods and drinks out before you start the cleanse. I stocked my fridge with flex foods before the start of the cleanse but I didn’t try them all first and that was something I regretted. I like celery when it is cooked and mixed into foods so I thought I would like it raw. Nope. I was sad to waste a flex food on organic celery. My flex foods of choice were organic apples, berries and watermelon. I also drank herbal tea for a flex drink.
6. Cook ahead for others. I live with and cook for my husband and two kids who were not doing the transformation. On day 1, it was absolutely miserable for me to cook their dinner and not eat any of it. I suggest cooking extra food before you start the transformation so your family can have leftovers for the first day or two.
7. Pick your start day carefully. I thought that weekends would be hardest for me because I would be around my family 24/7 and we do a lot of activities on the weekend. I chose to start my transformation on a Tuesday so it would only span one weekend. You need to start on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday if you want to span only one weekend. I can also see starting on Saturday so that you can do the first day while you are at home and not at work or school.
8. Continue with your normal activities. My family is very active on the weekend and I didn’t let the cleanse keep me down. We spent a day at Sea World and I just planned ahead. I had my aminos, flex food and shake before we even entered the park. I packed more shake powder, water, aminos and flex foods in a small backpack and brought it along. I had a great time and kept on my schedule. I even lost weight that day!
9. Cleanse with a friend! I did the cleanse on my own but it would have been a lot better if I had someone to talk to who knew exactly what I was going through.
I wish you great success if you are trying the Purium 10 day transformation! Let me know how you do in the comments below.