I was at a holiday party last night and was asked about two cupcake gift card holders that I made for my daughter’s teachers last year. I am sharing them in case you need any extra holiday inspiration.
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- manilla folder
- 3 inch white styrofoam ball
- rubber band
- paper trimmer
- scoring board (optional)
- paper adhesive
- foam dot adhesive
- white grosgrain ribbon
- bamboo skewer (optional)
- paper or fabric flowers
- wooden bead
- wood putty (optional)
- brad (optional)
- red craft paint
- 4×12 inch piece of patterned paper for base
- small binder clip
- small rhinestones
My friend Aprile (who is an incredible crafter) made a cupcake gift card holder for her friend’s birthday gift. I loved it and thought Christmas themed cupcakes would be perfect for Kara’s teachers. I asked Aprile a ton of questions and decided to take the plunge and make some myself. I basically followed the directions in this video by Fabulously Artsy.
I did a few things differently than in the video:
- I used a manilla envelope instead of chipboard for the base.
- On the red cherry cupcake, I used wood putty to fill the hole on the wooden bead because I wanted it to look like a real cherry.
- I used whole flowers and added rhinestones to the middle of them for decoration.
- I used a scoring board instead of just folding the pleats for the cupcake holder.
Kara’s teachers loved the cupcakes!