During the last school year I had two children in preschool who brought home art projects almost daily! You can imagine that our refrigerator was completely covered with their art. This summer I was at my friend Danielle’s house and she had an easy and unique way to display her children’s art. The very next day I headed to IKEA to find the wire curtain rod and clips I needed!
Here’s the finished product with art created last week courtesy of my children!
My husband cut the wire for the curtain rod because it was longer than our wall.
I love this display for several reasons:
- Larger items can be displayed by using multiple clips (like the large pocket on the left).
- Three dimensional items can be displayed (like the green apple headband in the middle).
- Items can be easily added and removed.
- The art can now be seen from more than one room in our house instead of just in the kitchen.
Here are the materials from IKEA that I used:
- DIGNITET stainless steel curtain wire from IKEA ($12.99)
- DIGNITET stainless steel curtain ring with clip ($4.99)
The curtain rod is not only perfect for displaying art but also for displaying scrapbook layouts! I use the curtain rod, hooks and my 3 ring page protectors to hang these scrapbook layouts.
Here’s a closeup of two of the layouts.
Four clips and two page protectors are needed to hang two layouts. Two clips secure the top layout to the curtain rod and two clips hang from the holes of the top page protector and clip on to the bottom page protector. I used these page protectors: (affiliate link) We R Memory Keepers 12 x 12 inch 3-Ring Album Page Protectors, 10 PK. They are the same ones that I use for my scrapbook albums so I had them on hand!
So far my children have loved clipping their art up on the wall for display and I love looking at it!