I spent most of last Tuesday working on the personal yearbooks for Kara’s class. In the morning I went to the classroom and took photos of the kids for their September layouts. Afterwards, I edited the August and September photos and had them printed. I wanted to make a few changes to the free PDF download provided by Becky Higgins and discovered that PDF files can be opened and edited in Adobe Illustrator!
I changed the design of the front page to have a photo and signature from the beginning of the school year and the end of the school year. I also added the school, grade, teacher and year at the bottom of the page. Then I cut scrapbook paper from my stash for the students to embellish their pages.
After Kara came home from school, she and I put together the empty personal yearbooks together by putting 11 page protectors into each of the 15 clear plastic portfolios. Kara liked counting the page protectors but after the third or fourth set, she asked me if she could count to a different number! 🙂 At the end of the day, we had all the portfolios put together, everything printed and scrapbook paper cut!
The bulk of the prep work is now done. Each month I will cut paper to match the theme, edit and print photos and print out 2 pages for each student. Now the fun begins!