Scrapper’s block happens to us all.
Here are 7 ways to get your scrapbook mojo back!
- Look through your scrapbooks. I find that sometimes a trip down memory lane can provide me with some ideas that I can scraplift. The odds are if it worked for me before it will work for me again!
- Take a scrapbook challenge. Sometimes having too many choices can be overwhelming. Challenges have specific requirements so it may help to narrow down my focus. My favorite place for scrapbook challenges is JessicaSprague.com. There is a weekly challenge at the top of the General Forum. You can also find past challenges in the Spraground Challenge Archives. Check out the forum of your scrapbook sites/stores for their weekly or monthly challenges!
- Look through scrapbook magazines or idea books. There is something therapeutic about flipping through a magazine or a book with lots of eye candy. Not only will you see layouts that could possibly inspire you, but magazines also have features on new techniques/products, delicious color combinations and crafty ads that may help jump start your creativity. If you don’t have any magazines on hand, check out ScrapbooksEtc.com because a lot of its content is also published on their websites.
- Start with a sketch or a template. Using a template takes all the guesswork out of designing a scrapbook layout – add photos, paper and embellishments and you’re done! This post describes my scrapbooking process using templates. Sketches are also a source of inspiration. My favorite sources of online sketches are PageMaps and Scrapbooks Etc.
- Go to a crop. I like to walk around at crops to see what other scrappers are working on. I am always amazed and inspired by the creativity that I see.
- Clean/spruce up your work area. I don’t know about you but I can’t get anything done if my work area is a mess. I always clean up and put away after I complete a project. It may also help to hang items on the wall that you will see from your work area that will also inspire you.
- Take a break. If you have been cranking out a ton of layouts lately your scrapbook mojo might just time to recharge. Create a card, artist trading card (ATC) or other crafty project to channel your creative energy.
I will need to refer to it myself when my mojo goes missing!