Kara did an egg hunt at school today and brought home this bag of eggs.
She made the bag at school so I credit her teacher Mrs. Moore with the design. The feature I like most is the reinforced area where the pipe cleaners are attached to the bag.
With reinforced handles, the bag can hold more weight and that the handles won’t tear off as easily. The steps to make this bag are so simple that you can probably just do it all by looking at the photos.
– white paper lunch bag
– two pipe cleaners
– 1 piece of cardstock or construction paper
– scissors or paper cutter
– hole punch
– craft supplies to decorate the bag: crayons, markers, glitter, rhinestones, etc.
1. Decorate the outside of the bag on one or both sides.
2. Cut 2 pieces of cardstock or construction paper with a width the same as the width of the bag (in my case 6 inches) and height about 4 inches.
3. Fold each piece of cardstock in half parallel to the longest side.
4. Place one piece of cardstock on the top of each side of the bag.
5. Punch two holes through the cardstock and the bag on each side of the bag.
6. Insert a pipe cleaner from the outside of the bag to the inside and fold over and twist. Insert the other end of the pipe cleaner into the other hole on the same side of the bag from the outside in and then fold over and twist.
7. Repeat Step 6 for the other side of the bag.
This bag craft can be used for any holiday or when you need a quick container to hold lightweight items.