Last year was the first year I did a Father’s Day interview with Kara. The questions I used were basic but this year I stepped the questions up a notch. These are the questions we used this year:
- How old is daddy?
- How much does daddy weigh?
- What color is daddy’s hair?
- What color are daddy’s eyes?
- How are you and daddy the same?
- How are you and daddy different?
- How does daddy make you laugh?
- What is daddy’s favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing to do with dad?
- What is daddy’s favorite thing to do?
- What do you like daddy to cook?
- Where is your dad’s favorite place to go?
- Why do you love your dad?
I trimmed a piece of white 8.5″x11″ card stock to 8″x10.5″ and gave it to Kara to draw a picture of her and her dad. While she did that I typed up the questions and printed them out on white card stock. Once again I trimmed the questions to 8″x10.5″. After Kara finished with the drawing, she wrote out all her answers. I helped her with spelling.
Kara just finished pre-kindergarten and I love having this sample of her handwriting. The funniest answer that Kara gave was to the Why do you love your dad? question. Her answer? He is bigger than me!
I asked Kara to pick a color from my large selection of 8.5″x11″ card stock. She picked dark green so I mounted her drawing on one side and her answers on the other side.
I used a regular 8.5″x11″ page protector from the office supply store to add it to our family scrapbook album amongst all the 12×12 layouts.
My husband is too busy at work this week to read my blog so I thought I would share this with you early in case it gives you any ideas for Father’s Day.