I am so excited that the day for Katie’s virtual baby shower has arrived! Katie and I met through our mutual friend Julie of The Little Kitchen. Katie has two awesome blogs: Katie’s Cucina (food) and Sew Woodsy (craft/DIY). Katie and I have hung out at Julie’s house a few times, attended the same blogging conferences and have gone to a concert together. We often chat on social media. She is really a lot of fun and knows the blogging business. She has been a great source of inspiration and support for me. This is me and Katie at the Florida Blogger’s Conference.
Katie and her husband Jon have been working on the most adorable whale themed nursery so I wanted to make something for them to go with that theme. I tracked down the material that Katie based her nursery on and pulled the color palette from that.
I am giving Katie a Project Life mini album to put pictures of the baby in so I designed some cards to go in the album. First I created monthly cards so that it would be easy to keep track of how old the baby is throughout the album. There are 13 cards from newborn to 12 months.
The Project Life mini album has a 4×3 inch pocket on the outside so I wanted to design a card for that as well as a few cards for the first page of the album. These are the extras that I designed for the album.
The monthly and extra cards come in individual JPG files, grouped together in PDF files or group in Silhouette print and cut files. The individual JPG files are for anyone just using the digital files. The PDF files contains multiple cards on one page for print at home convenience. The Silhouette print and cut files are convenient for Silhouette portrait and cameo users.
You can download the free cards by clicking on the preview above or here. These files are only for your personal use.
- 1 Project Life Mini Album (available in several colors but I chose Rain)
- matte cardstock (I used Canon Matte Paper Heavyweight)
- Project Life corner rounder (optional)
- paper trimmer or Silhouette machine
- color printer
Directions for Print At Home:
1. Open a PDF file. Choose File->Print to send the file to your printer. Make sure you the printer is set for the best print quality and color printing.
2. Repeat Step 1 for each PDF file.
3. Use a paper trimmer to cut out the cards.
4. Round the corners of the cards if desired.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each PDF file.
6. Add the cards to the Project Life album.
Directions for Silhouette Studio:
1. Open the print and cut file in Silhouette Studio.
2. Go to File->Print to send the file to your printer.
3. After the file is printed, put it on your mat the same way the page looks in the Silhouette Studio software.
4. Go to File->Send to Silhouette in the menu. Select Click here to skip printing. Follow the directions to load the cutting mat and then press Continue.
5. Select Detect automatically for the registration marks. Once the machine detects the registration marks, select Cut.
6. Remove the cards and excess paper from the mat.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 for each print and cut file.
8. Add the cards in the Project Life album.
I put some pictures of my son in the album so you could see examples of how the cards look in the album. This is the first page.
This is the second and third page.
Katie should be receiving this album and all the baby whale themed cards in the mail soon! Congratulations Katie! I am so excited for you and Jon!
Here’s a list of the bloggers that are participating in Katie’s virtual baby shower. There are some delicious and easy recipes in there as well are some awesome crafts! Take a look!
Easy Broccoli & Cheddar Soup from The Little Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers from Cook the Story
Individual Tortilla Caprese Pizzas from a farmgirl’s dabbles
Easy Cheesy Potato Corn Chowder from A Little Claireification
Slow Cooker Jambalaya from A Spicy Perspective
Italian Style Stir Fry from Aggie’s Kitchen
Apricot Chicken from Bombshell Bling
Easy Baked Spaghetti from Chocolate & Carrots
Cuban Casserole with Whole Grain Mustard Butter Biscuits from Climbing Grier Mountain
Freezer-Friendly Quinoa Meatballs from Cooking with Books
Baby Boy Subway Art Printable from H2OBungalow
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
Asparagus And Leek Quiche from Kokocooks
Roasted Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Red Potatoes from Life After Empty Nest
Yogurt Blueberry and Honey Smoothie from My Sweet Zepol
Pesto Parmesan Chicken Salad from Shaken Together
Printable Baby Whale Themed Cards and Project Life Mini Album from Simply Kelly Designs
Coconut Cookie Butter Sandwich Cookies from Simply Southern Baking
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Garden Vegetables from Sweet Remedy
Easy Kofta Kebabs from Tasty Chomps
Crock Pot Fajitas with Chicken and Quinoa from The Dinner-Mom
Overnight Oatmeal from The Hungry Housewife
Honey-Dijon Chicken, Apple & Quinoa Wraps from The Kitchen Prep
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Soup from The Lemon Bowl
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos from The Nifty Foodie
DIY Whale Art from While They Snooze
One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice from Yellow Bliss Road
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. I only recommend products that I used and love!