This is a sponsored post by Sizzix. I received free product but all opinions are my own. There are affiliate links in this post. I always look for creative ways to package our Halloween fun. This year I am making these pumpkin treat boxes for my kids and their friends. I know there is such a thing as too much candy but at 4.25 inches tall and 2.5 inches wide, these treat boxes are the perfect size to share just a few treats with our favorite people.
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Sizzix Movers and Shapers XL Die – Bag With Flap
- Sizzix Extended Cutting Pads
- ATG adhesive
- 5×12 inch piece of orange glitter cardstock from DCWV
- green pipe cleaner
- black pipe cleaner
- 2 wiggle eyes
- 1 purple rhinestone
1. Place the cardstock glitter side down onto the die. Add the cutting pads to your “Sizzix sandwich” and run it through the Big Shot.
2. Fold the cardstock die cuts along the score lines and adhere box together using ATG (or other) adhesive.
3. Add the wiggle eyes, rhinestone and black pipe cleaner to make the face for the pumpkin.
4. Place treats (candy, small toys, temporary tattoos, etc.) in the box. You won’t be able to easily add anything to the treat box once it is sealed in the next step.
5. Use the green pipe cleaner to create the vine for the pumpkin. First, fold the pipe cleaner in half. Place it inside the box and pull the ends through the holes above the pumpkin face. Next, pull the pipe cleaners through the holes in the flap until it is closed. Last, twist the pipe cleaner a few times and then cut off the excess at the end.
This pumpkin treat box is ready to spread Halloween cheer!