For teacher gifts on Christmas, birthdays or teacher appreciation, I usually combine a gift card with a handmade gift. My son in in kindergarten and the students in his class are super sweet! I thought I would harness some of their sweetness into “love notes.” This project is made super simple by the use of Project Life journaling cards. There were 20 journaling cards in the Happy Edition which was perfect because there are 19 students in my son’s class. That leaves one card leftover for the cover.
- 7 sheets of 8.5×11 110 lb cardstock (affiliate link)
- digital Project Life Happy Edition Journaling Cards
- 1 inch book ring (affiliate link)
- Sharpie ultra fine point permanent markers in assorted colors (affiliate link)
- hole punch
- scissors (affiliate link)
- paper trimmer
- Project Life corner rounder
- coordinating ribbon
1. Purchase the digital journaling cards. The download contains a PDF file with 3 journaling cards on each page. Print the PDF file onto the cardstock.
2. Use a paper trimmer to cut out the journaling cards and then use the corner rounder on them. Use a circle hole punch to punch a hole in the upper left corner of the cards. I stacked the cards on top of each other in groups of 3 so I could get the holes in relatively the same spot.
3. Interview the students about why they love their teacher. I did the interview during my son’s library time with the permission of the librarian. Write what the students say in black and then have them sign “Love” and their name in the color of their choice.
4. Decorate the front cover. I opted to just freehand “Love Notes” and added the month and year in small letters.
5. Place the cards onto the book ring.
6. Double knot pieces of coordinating ribbon on the book ring to complete the love notes!
I used these love notes for a Christmas gift but they would make a great birthday or teacher appreciation gift as well.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you order through the links I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Simply Kelly Designs.