Green is not my color. I don’t own anything green to wear for St. Patrick’s Day. What’s a girl to do? Create green temporary tattoos to wear of course! I created 5 different 4 leaf clover designs: solid green, striped, polka dotted, chevron and sunburst. Who doesn’t need a 4 leaf clover, two or three on St. Patrick’s Day?
- Silhouette Printable Temporary Tattoo Paper (affiliate link)
- Silhouette Portrait (affiliate link) or scissors or paper trimmer
- inkjet printer
- Silhouette scraper (affiliate link) – optional
1. Download my free printable file. Download the Silhouette cut file if using a Silhouette, otherwise download the PDF.
- Silhouette cut file for Silhouette Studio version 2
- Silhouette cut file for Silhouette Studio version 3
These files are only for your PERSONAL USE.
2. Use Silhouette Studio (File->Print from the menu) or your PDF reader to print out the tattoos. I printed out the Silhouette Studio file.
3. The adhesive sheet has two sections of backing. Remove the small green strip of backing. Line up the exposed adhesive with the top of the printed temporary tattoo paper and smooth it down.
4. Carefully pull back the large piece of green backing a little bit at a time and smooth the adhesive sheet with your hand as you go. This will help minimize air bubbles.
5. Use the Silhouette scraper or a credit card to smooth out all the air bubbles and to make sure the adhesive is sticking to the printed sheet.
6. If not using the Silhouette, use scissors to cut out the temporary tattoos and skip to Step 7. Otherwise, follow these instructions to print out the temporary tattoos using the Silhouette.
- Place the tattoo paper onto a Silhouette mat.
- Load it into the machine.
- Open the cut file in Silhouette Studio (SS).
- Select Silhouette->Cut Settings from the SS menu.
- Make sure that Temporary Tattoo Paper is selected. Double click on Temporary Tattoo Paper and it will show the cut settings. Make sure to adjust your blade to the correct setting.
- To cut, select Silhouette -> Send To Silhouette in the SS menu.
- After the Silhouette is done cutting, just pull away the outside of the paper and the excess will pull off leaving the tattoos on the mat.
7. To apply the temporary tattoo, peel the clear adhesive off the tattoo and place the tattoo with the image face down on the skin. Place a damp washcloth or paper towel on the tattoo for 20 seconds. Remove the washcloth and white paper backing to reveal your 4 leaf clover!
Now you will be pinch proof on St. Patrick’s Day! For more St. Patrick’s Day goodness check out my Glittery Shamrock Glasses.
For more temporary tattoo goodness, check out my free temporary tattoo designs: U.S. patriotic, U.S. soccer, Dr. Seuss and conversation hearts.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you order through the links I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Simply Kelly Designs.
[…] out the tattoos with scissors or if using the Silhouette, follow the print and cut instructions in this post for Silhouette Studio version 3 or this post for Silhouette Studio version […]
[…] 11. 4 Leaf Clover Temporary Tattoos […]
[…] is sharing these printable four leaf clover tattoo designs for making temporary tattoos. Print on tattoo paper, cut, then apply! Choose either the PDF sheet […]