Batman has style. He wears all black with just a small highlight of yellow for dramatic effect. My son is going to be Batman for Halloween so I made him a personalized Batman trick-or-treat bag in just minutes using my Silhouette Portrait and heat transfer vinyl (HTV).
This quick project is perfect for the Halloween themed Craft Lightning – projects that can be completed in 15 minutes or less.
- Silhouette Portrait (affiliate link)
- Silhouette heat transfer material in yellow (affiliate link)
- Batman logo cut file
- Batman Forever font
- black canvas tote (mine is 13.5 in x 13.5 in x 3.5 in)
- iron and ironing board
- piece of cotton fabric (for ironing)
1. Wash and dry the black canvas tote. I always wash items before adding HTV to them.
3. Use Silhouette Studio to size the Batman logo and use the Batman Forever font to create the custom name. Remember to flip the design horizontally before cutting the design out of the HTV. The Batman logo is the same flipped horizontally but the name is not.
If you need detailed instructions on how to cut HTV using the Silhouette, check out this post.
4. Remove the excess HTV and leaving only the part of the design that is yellow above.
5. Turn on the iron. Use scissors to cut apart the two parts of the design and place them plastic side up on the tote bag.
6. Place a piece of cotton fabric over the HTV and press down over the design with the iron for about 60 seconds. I ironed the logo and the name separately. Wait for the plastic to cool and then peel it off the bag.
Here’s the HTV on the finished Batman trick-or-treat bag.
Colin was overjoyed when I gave him his personalized Batman trick-or-treat bag. Then about 10 seconds later, he asked me if I could make him a black shirt with the same design. A crafty mom’s work is never done!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you purchase through those links I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Simply Kelly Designs.