Last week I saw a story online about the tree that was chosen to become the Rockefeller Center’s Christmas tree. The kids and I looked at the picture of the tree before it was cut down. My 6 year old son asked me how they transport such a huge tree. I asked him what he thought. He said that they probably tie the tree to a fire truck with a really long ladder. That was my inspiration for this jingle bell firetruck ornament.
This jingle bell fire truck ornament is part of the holiday edition of Craft Lightning (crafts that can be done in 15 minutes or less) and the Christmas Trees On Cars blog hop. Thank you to Aunt Peaches, 30 Minute Crafts and The Country Chic Cottage for hosting craft lightning this month.
Thank you to Malia of Yesterday on Tuesday for organizing the Christmas Trees on Cars blog hop.
- links in this supply list are affiliate links
- Hot Wheels 5 Alarm Rescue Fire Truck
- Loctite Super Glue
- Merry Mini Joyeux Mini Trees
- 5/8 inch wide silver glitter ribbon
- large red jingle bell
- wire cutters
1. Use the wire cutters to cut the white base off the tree.
2. Cut a strip of the glitter ribbon about 1/8 inch wide and use it to wrap the tree around the ladder of the fire truck. I went through the rungs of the ladder and tied it off underneath so it wouldn’t be seen. Add a small strip of glitter ribbon to hang the ornament.
3. Add super glue to the roof of the truck cab. For this container of super glue, squeeze the blue sides to easily get the gel out.
4. Create a base for the fire truck to rest on with 4 strips of silver glitter ribbon. Take two ends of the ribbon and overlap it in the middle. Do this for all 4 pieces of ribbon and then staple the middle to make a bow.
5. Super glue the ribbon to the top of the jingle bell. Super glue the bottom of the fire truck to the ribbon. Let the super glue dry and hang the jingle bell fire truck ornament on your tree!
More Christmas Trees On Cars
You can check out the other fun Christmas Trees On Cars projects from these amazing bloggers.
An Extraordinary Day – Cupcakes and Crinoline – Kaleidoscope of Colors – Love of Home
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Silly Pearl – Simply Kelly Designs – Yesterday on Tuesday
Checkout my other Christmas ornaments. Click on the photo to be taken directly to the tutorial post.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you order through the links I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Simply Kelly Designs.
This is so cute!! Where did you find those silver trees? Michaels?
Yes! Those tress are from Michaels in their Merry Mini collection.
Steph @ The Silly Pearl says
I love the inspiration story behind your ornament, Kelly! I bet your son loves it!
This is such a cute idea! Love the addition of the car!
Diane | An Extraordinary Day says
I love your son’s idea of how the big tree gets to Rockefeller Center. LOL And I love the spin you put on that idea for our blog hop, Kelly! 🙂
Love the sparkle mixed with the red, so pretty!
Angie @ CCC says
This is awesome!! Thanks for joining!
I love the silver trees so pretty! Such cute ornaments!
This is so cute! 🙂 What a great gift idea!
Awww so festive and happy on your tree! I adore your ornament and actually — I love all your ornaments! Thanks so much for hopping with us! Pinned!