Christmas is in the air and I’m so excited about sharing an easy Christmas stocking gift card holder.
Every year, I give my children’s teachers something handmade and a gift card for Christmas. I like to dress up my gift cards so I created a Christmas stocking gift card holder.
You can download the version of the file you need for personal use only:
- printable PDF
- Silhouette cut file for Silhouette Studio version 3
- Silhouette cut file for Silhouette Studio version 2
- links in supplies are affiliate links
- downloadable file from above
- card stock or scrapbook paper
- paper adhesive (I used Scotch ATG adhesive)
- Silhouette Portrait and mat or printer
- gift card
Use the Silhouette or scissors to cut out the two pieces of the gift card holder.
Place the gift card on the inside of the sock part of the stocking. Add adhesive along the edges of the sock but not along the fold. I wanted my gift card to peek out of the stocking so I added adhesive below the gift card.
Fold over the sock and smooth down the adhesive. Apply adhesive to the inside of the stocking top and fold it on top of the sock. Make sure to center the stocking top to the top of the sock.
The Christmas stocking gift card holder is now ready to be gifted! The gift card slides in and out easily. I love this project because the gift card holder can be re-used.
If you are interested in more gift card holders, check out my roundup of 16 gift card holders for all occasions.
My Silhouette Challenge friends and I are sharing holiday projects on our blogs today, so check out the projects below for more creative Silhouette inspiration!
1. Beauty in the Mess // 2. JustTyra // 3. Dream a Little Bigger // 4. Simply Kelly Designs // 5. The Stamp Doc // 6. From Wine to Whine // 7. TheKimSixFix // 8. unOriginal Mom // 9. HaberdasheryFun // 10. Tastefully Frugal // 11. Sisters, What! // 12. Small Stuff Counts // 13. Where The Smiles Have Been // 14. Whatcha Workin’ On? // 15. Designed Decor // 16. Architecture of a Mom // 17. Decor Adventures // 18. Create & Babble // 19. Tori Grant Designs // 20. Tried & True // 21. The Thinking Closet // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. Get Silvered // 24. McCall Manor // 25. Cutesy Crafts // 26. Ginger Snap Crafts // 27. My Favorite Finds // 28. Cupcakes&Crowbars // 29. Pineapples & Pinecones // 30. The Crafting Nook // 31. It Happens in a Blink // 32. Alayna’s Creations
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you order through the links I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Simply Kelly Designs.
Helen Gullett says
Kelly, this is a cute way of giving gift card! LOVE IT!
Allison @ Dream a Little Bigger says
How fun is this. So clever!
Cute! That’s a great way to dress up a gift card.
It’s a pleasure participating in the Sihouette Challenge with you this mont.
Christine | Where The Smiles Have Been says
This is my son’s first year in school and I also made his teachers a handmade gift for Christmas and stuck a gift card inside. I love your idea for dressing the gift cards up!
Teresa Carlucci says
Thank you for the chance to win! You may just grant my Christmas wish!
Emily @ Two Purple Couches says
These are so cute, Kelly!
Pam - GetSilvered says
Great gift card holder Kelly. Very festive 🙂
Cami @ The Crafting Nook says
Ooooh that is so cute Kelly!!!! What a grrrreat way to give the giftcard!!!! Love this idea!
Marni @ HaberdasheryFun says
Great idea~ Perfect timing for all those gift cards I give away at Xmas! Marni
So easy and simple! I like it!
Super cute stocking gift card holder!
Eff @ Whatcha Workin' On? says
Such a cute way to dress up a gift card. I’ll be making a few for Christmas! Thanks!
Thanks Eff! I’ll be making a few more of these before the end of the week. Glad they are so easy to make!